Tuesday 10 July 2012

July Inspiration

As an avid blogger, Tumblr is one of my favourite places to find images. Here I have collected a few favourites which inspire how to dress (or how I wish I did!) When it comes to fashion, I love buying vintage as 1. they're so fun to rummage and find, 2. you can find yourself a lovely and unusual bargain and 3. it's very unlikely you'll find two of the same thing. I am skint most of the time, but many of the trends I love at the moment you can pick up easily and cheaply too. I'm thinking slouchy t shirts (men's sections in shops such as Primark and the Topman sale are great for this kind of thing), leather and suede patches, bobble hats, chunky socks and oversized sweatshirts. Plus, DIY is huge this year, from everything to tie dyeing t shirts to studs. I myself are working on stencils and practising with fabric paints onto cheap plain t shirts (you can pick up a plain t shirt or vest from Primark for a mere £2.50!) so you can make yourself something completely unique. Studs aren't always cheap however, although a quick search on eBay and you can find lots of different styles. Here's a tip, the cheapest ones come from abroad ;)

I will be trying some tie dying very soon so I will let you guys know how it all works out. Fingers crossed I don't end up dying my mum's carpet. 

All the images below I found on Tumblr. I hope you are as inspired as I am! Alicja x

^^
I need a pair of glasses just like these! I love how the bow sits on top of her messy hair.
^^
I love the tartan jacket. I have a shirt very similar at home I got from the men's section in Primark a couple of years ago. I chopped off the sleeves and hey presto, an oversized sleeveless jacket.
^^
I adore the simpleness of this outfit. I am totally in love with the fabric of the shirt and rolled up sleeves are great for giving your look a slouchy and laid back feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment