Tuesday 10 July 2012

Love this month: FLATFORMS

So I figured for my first post I'd talk to you all about the trend I am most excited about this year. I have been waiting and waiting for platform trainers to hit the market over here in the UK ever since I saw platform Converse popping up in Japanese street style images. I am not particularly a fan of the ever-popular Creepers, however the platform sneaker is my new favourite shoe... it is just perfect!


I'd seen some amazing ones on eBay that deliver from abroad, however as soon as I began thinking about ordering myself a pair, ASOS came to the rescue with some amazing styles at such affordable prices. My lovely boyfriend was obviously sick to death of me whining on and on about having a pair ('I will wear them everyday! I promise!') as he bought me this AMAZING pair... 


Asos, £30

These babies are from the Asos DECO range, and came with a pair of bright orange laces too. I adore the very on trend aztec pattern, and these look amazing with my black denim high waisted shorts with a tucked in band tee. Sometimes I throw in a little girly touch with a pair of frilly white socks (a bit like the kind you were forced to wear at school. I found mine in Primark of all places!) You can find these here

Last night I was browsing Asos yet again as they have a brilliant 50% off sale. I then got an email telling me that today some items would be reduced to 70%, so I saved these Asos Volleyball flatforms into my watched items and went to bed hoping they'd be reduced even more. This morning I was so happy to see they'd been reduced even further, to an incredible £15! I couldn't resist, plus I had an Asos voucher to spend. Plus I got free delivery. Hooray!

Asos, £15 (sale)

Now these aren't for the faint hearted as the platform is huge and although they are white, they make such a statement! My Asos Deco pair have a very modest platform and I decided to go that little bit extra. Plus, they were such a steal. Find them here (and buy before they sell out!) I think I'll have to have a little practice in these around the house before I wear them in public as I have a very annoying habit of tripping over my own feet. I'm thinking some cute chunky socks, bare legs and a girly dress, paired with a leather fringe bag and a slouchy cardigan. I know it's summer, but if you live in the UK like me, you'll notice the truly awful weather we are having. As Brits, we need to know how to layer up! 

Flatforms are such an easy way to add a bit of extra height and/or make a statement with your footwear. Plus they look fabulous with a pair of skinny jeans. 

I'll upload some pictures of my amazing new flatforms as soon as they arrive. I'm so excited!

See you soon. Alicja x

No comments:

Post a Comment