Tuesday 10 July 2012

Maplelens.com Review - Circle Lenses

Hi everyone,

So this post is going to be a little review about my experience with the contact lens company Maple Lens. I had wanted a pair of circle lenses for ages and I finally plucked up the courage to buy some. After lots of Google researching I came across the site Maplelens.com. Do not be put off by the fact the company is in Malaysia. Most of the companies I found that stocked circle lenses are situated abroad. As you may know, circle lenses are so popular in Japan. I love Japanese street style, plus the doll look circle lenses give you is just lovely. I just knew I needed to try them out!

I decided on Maple Lens due to their great customer service and reviews. I checked out the Facebook page and saw lots of positive comments about the lenses themselves as well as the service. What really swung the deal was that Maple Lens were offering FREE DELIVERY! I was so surprised and delighted!

There are actually so many lenses to choose from on the site, it was so hard to decide. They also have a great range in the sale section too. I finally settled on the Geo Medical black circle lenses, with a diameter of 15.0mm. I love the pattern on the lenses and I thought the black would suit my eyes as well as my overall look. 

You can find these lenses here

The website was so easy to use. You can choose what prescription you desire too... luckily I have good vision! I paid via Paypal and received an email very shortly after confirming my order and they suggested a 4-7 week wait. However, I was very surprised to find out they wouldn't take that long at all and they arrived in approx. 3 weeks! 

The lenses were so well wrapped. I'd read about some lenses being sent from companies who had wrapped them in an envelope and little else. The lenses come in a little glass bottle each filled with saline solution, therefore it's important that they are wrapped safely. The lenses from Maple Lens were in an envelope, but they were very safe and secure in both a box and bubble wrap! It also came with an adorable little hippo lens case so I can store them after use. This came free of charge! Very impressed so far...

I was so excited to put them in, but first I removed them from the bottles and placed them into my lens case filled with an all in one contact solution which I left them in over night. As it's your eyes we are dealing with, we have to make sure everything is clean! I also gave the lens case a good wash with the solution and handled my lenses with clean hands. 

The next day I gave my hands a good clean and before putting in each lens, cleaned them yet again with contact solution in the palm of my hand. Here was the tricky bit!

I put the lenses in BEFORE my make up as my eyes have the tenancy to water. It took me a while to get the lenses in admittedly, but I am a first timer! Make sure the lenses are not inside out... there are lots of youtube videos to help get you started with this. Once I'd got them in... I WAS AMAZED! The lenses just look beautiful and my eyes look so huge and doll like. When wearing them out, i've had so many nice comments about them. They really make my eyes stand out. I couldn't even feel them in my eyes believe it or not, they're so comfortable! Taking them out was no problem too. Make sure you clean your hands before taking them out, as well as a clean with solution afterwards and a nice clean case filled with solution for your lenses to store in.

Here is a picture of the finished look!

I would recommend Maple Lens to anyone wanting to buy circle lenses and I will definitely be a returning customer. I am so happy. A 5/5 from me! Maple Lens also offer a monthly competition on their Facebook site. Just see their Facebook page for details.

See the full range of lenses here

Vote for me in the Maple Lens competition here by 'liking' my photo. Let me know if you voted!

What do you think of my new lenses? Would you try out circle lenses too? 

Alicja x

1 comment: